I think I’m finally recovering from a case of exhaustion and writer’s block, which means it’s Blog Connect recap time! I was lucky enough to be part of this year’s planning committee, and it was so rewarding to see everything come together! First up on Saturday evening, my co-sponsorship director Melissa and I welcomed our wonderful speakers at The Baker’s Jar (16th and Bainbridge).
Melissa and me — it was cold so I had to wear ankle boots!
After we met and chatted with our speakers, it was time to head to ellelauri (19th and Chestnut) for our kickoff party! It’s a super chic boutique, and the staff is super nice. Boutiques can intimidate me, but ellelauri has items across different price points and the pieces are all so fun. It was great to catch up with blogger friends and meet new people before the craziness of the conference on Sunday!
With Lola from Found City!
Braids by Concihairge. Obsessed. (Also doesn’t the purple lipstick make the whole outfit pop?)
Priyanka from Paint the Town Chic spearheaded the party planning, and it was awesome! In addition to a braid bar by Concihairge, we had a flatlay space with help from Ann Blake from Ann Blake Photography. We had kombucha from Inspired Brews and white wines from Pinot Boutique (perfect for summer!). Our snack game was on point too: macarons from ICI Macarons, and savory snacks from Agno Grill and Pure Fare. Bai supplied us with plenty of juice and sparkling water! After a fun night with my blogger babes (and bros), it was time for some sleep!
We got an early start at Saxbys the next morning for a full day of speakers, workshops and panels! A million and one thanks to Saxbys for hosting us again this year and keeping me fueled with iced chai lattes all.day.long. Would not have made it without your tea and lovely baristas.
Another lifesaver? These awesome custom planners from Erin Condren. They came in super handy for the attendees during all the awesome presentations we had throughout the day.
- Ten Game Changers to Take Your Blog to the Next Level | Sarah Morgan
- Create Your Own Space in The Blogosphere | Sola Onitiri
- Finding Your Voice: Write With Confidence, for Crying Out Loud | Andy Shaw
- SEO Bootcamp for Bloggers | Jess Herbine
- Monetizing Your Blog with Your First eBook (using content you’ve already created) | Angela St. Cyril
- Growing Your Blog into a Podcast | Angelica Yarde
- #FeministSockBoss: How to Monetize Your Blog with Physical Products | Jennifer Dziura
Working with Brands Panel
And of course, it wouldn’t be a blogger conference without a lot selfies with friends. Andy, Kendall and Emily: thanks for indulging me with a selfie stick and the balloon wall!
One more shout out to the brilliant beyond brilliant team I worked with: Priyanka at Paint the Town Chic, Melissa at Skinny Affair, Chrystina at Chrystina Noel andSarah Moore at smoorelovin. Learned so much from you all!
Photo by Tim Becker
Thank you to Julia Dent and Tim Becker for all the fab photos throughout the weekend! You guys are absolute rockstars. Want more Blog Connect? Check out these awesome recaps:
- The Blog Connect 2017 Recap by Audrey at Brunch at Audrey’s
- Blog it Better: Philly Blog Connect – Kickoff Party and Conference Day by Emma at Behind the Leopard Glasses
- Jen at The Blog Connect: “How to Monetize Your Blog” on Get Bullish
- Likes & Favorites: Cool Things from The Blog Connect Conference by Kasia at Ampersand
- The Blog Connect 2017 by Jessica at Sweet Love and Ginger
- Top Takeaway from The Blog Connect Conference by Martine at Broke Girls Go Out
- The Blog Connect Conference 2017 by Swatti at Glossy Cocktail
- PHLBloggers | The Blog Connect Conference by Melissa at Skinny Affair
- Planning the 2017 Blog Connect Conference by Chrystina at Chrystina Noel
- The Blog Connect 2017 | Behind the Scenes by Sarah at smoorelovin
- The Blog Connect 2017 Recap (Day 1 and Day 2) by Priyanka at Paint the Town Chic
- 6 Ways to Boost Your Confidence Before An Event by Arlett at Chasing Joy
- Monthly Intentions for May: Doing it Scared…or Curiously by Angela at Setting My Intention