Recently, Madeline from Small Town Roots and Cowboy Boots tagged me in this beauty post that’s going around. I don’t blog too much about beauty, but you can trust me when I say I have my fair share of makeup. Here we go with the questions!
1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and you can only keep one high-end and one drugstore, which do you keep?
I actually don’t even own foundation! I do use my Olay Fresh Effects BB cream (in light to medium) almost daily though. Also not foundation, but definitely high-end: my Clarins Double Serum. I was recently gifted it at an event and I’m obsessed with it. Those are my two skincare must-haves.
2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?
I’d hate it, but I would almost definitely say something. It’d be awkward for sure, but I think it’d be even worse for the interviewer noticing the lipstick afterwards. It’s not a sign that you’d speak up as an employee, I guess.
3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?
Not a lipstick technically, but probably Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Rosy Red.
4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?
I’d learn how to apply brush properly. (P.S. Physicians Formula makes some of my favorite blushes and bronzers, but it bothers me that they don’t use the apostrophe.)
5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut, but they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you a) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your mom hysterical b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) Complain to the manager and demand a refund.
Well, considering I had to Google who she was…I’d probably try to rock the pixi cut, but bottom line if my haircut wasn’t what I expected, “a” would happen.
6. Your friend surprises you with a 4-day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which ‘do it all’ palette do you pack in your makeup bag?
Easy — the Pixi Early Bird Kit! Can you tell I love this brand? My palette (pictured above) has been phased out, but this Lit Up Lovely palette is similar.
7. Your house has been robbed, don’t worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What’s the product you really hope is safe?
That’s a funny robber! I’m kind of addicted to my Eco-Tools starter brush set. It makes even my drugstore makeup go on smoothly, so I’d be bummed to replace it.
8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs?
I’d like to think my friends wouldn’t do that, and if so would offer to repurchase! But if not, I’d probably opt for “a” because it’s totally not the end of the world.
That was fun! Now it’s your turn — share your makeup must-haves! And these are the bloggers I’ve tagged:
- Christine from The Hitchcockian Cockatoo
- Kelsey from The Kelsey Wolfe Blog
- Taylor from Pinstripes & Lipgloss
- Jainie from Capitol Hill Barbie
- Camille from Miss Camille Xo
- Erica from Coming Up Roses
- Rebecca from Young Bird