For the record, I don’t need more clothing. Or shoes. Or jewelry. But want is a very different thing. I’m so excited about spring weather to finally get to New York, and I’m looking forward to some of the spring trends too. Besides the usual florals and nautical-inspiration, I’m really excited about the bohemian ’70s revival. These are just a few of the items I’m lusting over this spring…
1. Trench Coat. I actually bought pretty much this exact same trench from Old Navy, and I love it. I can’t wait to take outfit shots in it. It’s perfect for spring, and it just adds a classic polish to more casual outfits for class.
2. Floral Crochet Dress. Doesn’t this just scream spring to you? I’d love to have a dress like this in my closet.
3. Red Dress. I’m starting to really love dresses, but I need a red dress in particular a.s.a.p. My favorite red dress (seen here) has gone missing, just as I was starting to appreciate its versatility. A new red dress is at the top of my list.
4. Little White Dress. It’s the spring/summer version of the LBD and one with an eyelet trim is great for that chic, laid-back style.
5. Something Yellow. How cute is this dress? Oh, ModCloth.
6. Something Coral. I’m loving this color for spring, plus the flutter sleeves are just so easy-breezy.
7./8. I used to love skirts, but most of mine are of the peasant variety (like these). I’d love some more structured pieces, especially in a lightweight material.
9. Tie-Dye Headband. Just picture this with the LWD. Instant hippie chic.
10. Cat-eye Sunglasses. These glasses from Claire’s are all-around fantastic. They aren’t too extreme, but a nice change of pace from wayfarers.
11. Floral Earrings. I love the enamel detailing on these.
12. Charm Necklace. Dainty and silver. I like.
13. Drawstring Bag. Um, was I a hippie in my past life?
14. Brown Belts. I love the look of studded brown belts. And now that I have a black skinny belt, one of my favorite “new” pieces, the logical thing would be to get one in brown. Black doesn’t match with everything you know.
15. Heeled Oxfords. Since I can no longer find my favorite pair from Payless, I have to turn my attention to these Nine West ones.
16. Cowboy Boots. I haven’t replaced my cowboy boots from high school. It’s been a year and a half. I miss them.
17. Bright nail polishes. I love orange and coral right now.
Which pieces do you want for this spring? I know I definitely need some new spring scarves – thank goodness for street vendors! And which are your favorite trends for spring? Let me know in the comments!