In the consumerist spirit of Gray Thursday/Black Friday/Cyber Monday (because nothing says “America!” like capitalism), I decided to post my fall/winter wishlist. So if anyone out there is looking to get me a Christmas gift (that means you, mom), take notes, please and thank you.
1. Gray Peacoat. Because it goes with everything and anything, and I already have a black coat.
2. Toggle Coat. Less formal than a peacoat, but still warm and colorful. Preferably in a fun, bright color like this plum.
3. Cardigan. Enough said. Perfect for layering.
4. Fair Isle Sweater. Trendy and thick enough to keep me warm.
5. Striped Cardigan. A more class-appropriate alternative to #3, and I can always use more prints in my wardrobe. Case in point…
6. Sweater Dress. I would want to work the nautical trend in winter.
7. Fair Isle Sweater. Combining the best of #4 and #6. Perfect for casual holiday parties. And okay, I’m a really big fan of the dress+tights+boots+coat look.
8. Skinny Jeans. I have three pairs of skinny jeans, but only one in basic blue denim. One. Not okay when I’m wearing jeans tucked into boots six days a week.
9. White long-sleeved tee. Layering basic. Picture it with that moss green cardigan.
10. Dress. The older I get, the more dresses I want to wear, and this one comes in a great fall shade.
11. Beanie. Cozy chic.
12. Leopard print scarf. I first spotted (pun not intended) one of these in the spring, and I regret not buying it. Accessories are a great way to incorporate prints!
13. Plaid scarf. Let’s be honest, I’ve already bought a knockoff from a street vendor. (Still, who would turn down real Burberry? Not I.)
14. Skinny belts. For some reason, thin, waist-cinching belts are still missing from my closet. Quandary.
15. Menswear-inspired watch, goldtone. Already crossed off from my list- yay, New York!
16. Black flats. I need to replace my beaten down, hand-me-down black flats stat. This one is imperative.
17. Ballet flats. I really, really wish these weren’t out of stock at Payless. It’s like a ballet flat mixed with a moccasin with the faux fur lining- genius! My feet would be so comfy in these!
18. Heeled Oxfords. Because these have appeared in too many of my Polyvore sets for them not to be on my wishlist.
So what (materialistic) things are you hoping to get during the holidays? Did any of you (crazy people) brave Black Friday?
P.S. To view the items I selected in greater detail, or for product information, visit my Polyvore profile