Since last weekend was homecoming at Fordham, it was the perfect excuse to do some shoe shopping. I think most girls would agree with me when I say there’s nothing like a new pair of shoes.
“I get something out of them. When I feel down, I like to treat myself. Clothes never look any good, and food just makes me fatter, but shoes always fit.” ~ Rose (Toni Collette), In Her Shoes
Of course the moment I walked into Payless, I fell in serious shoe lust. It didn’t help that I went to three different locations in the last week. I plead the fifth.
These are the pairs that caught my eye:
1. Brown Woven Flats, $17. Because every girl needs a solid pair of brown flats- right?
2. Gold Gladiators, $23. My silver gladiators are my go-to pair, but I wouldn’t mind slipping into some sturdy gold ones now and then.
3. T-Strap Wedges, $23. T-straps are classic and the gold-tone goes well with plenty of items in my wardrobe. Plus the small wedge heel is perfect for dancing. And I can attest to that, because I wore these to my Homecoming dance.
4. Strappy Sandals, $23. Simple yet edgy with a bohemian flair. I’m sold.
5. Brown Mary-Janes, $23. These are so very Mad Men. I’m envisioning with them with jeans or even tights and dress for fall. And after all the retro-inspired styles from Fashion Week, these would transition well in the spring.
6. Heeled Oxfords, $25. Simple, chic, and adorable. They remind me of my An Education style post.
7. Platform Lace-up Pumps, $30. These are absolutely ridiculous. Look at those cut-outs! Completely unwearable for a girl like me but I can still appreciate these updated saddle shoes.
8. Ankle Booties, $30. I need these. The midnight blue is a great alternative to the ubiquitous black.
I cannot wait for the next BOGO sale. My wallet cannot take a hit right now, even though I’m pretty sure my dorm room closet has no room for anymore shoes. Decisions, decisions. What do you guys think? Do you have an obsession with shoes? And what do you think about the quality at Payless? Let me know in the comments!
*not a sponsored post